Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Sweet gift

I made this little box for my mum when she was a little under the weather. I will admit it took me a little while but I really enjoyed it. I hadn't done much distressing before but I will certainly be doing more in the future. I found the idea from a site while searching for that something a little bit special and this is what I found Tea light card instructions, it was just the thing. I started off with my stamped image, I coloured and placed the image on to a piece of shaped card which I cut using one of my dies from a piece of printed paper. I then cut all the pieces needed to make the project and layered printed paper onto the card pieces followed by distressing with a Tim Holtz ink pad. After stamping my sentiment topper and die cutting my embellisment shapes I was ready to put it together. Once complete I filled with a few of mum's favourite chocolates and sent it off in the post. Mum was thrilled and it certainly helped cheer her up. I have entered this project in the My time to craft challenge

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card. Good luck with challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful present to make and receive. No wonder it cheered your mum up. That sentiment is really special. Love it
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete